In the framework of increasingly multi-ethnic correctional settings, where language and cultural barriers faced by Foreign Nationals pose significant challenges to prison systems, penitentiary staff play a pivotal role to ensure human rights protection and fair treatment of prisoners, preventing episodes of radicalization and extremism.
Against this background, B-ComPetent aims to provide penitentiary staff trainers with a set of multidisciplinary skills necessary to properly train the civilian front-line prison staff, who will gain increased knowledge of EU legislation and standards related to human rights, with a special focus on foreign inmates’ needs and rights.
B-COMPETENT training course is designed as a training tool for civilian penitentiary staff, prison managers, prison staff trainers and all those responsible for working with Foreign National Prisoners in Europe.
Access to and use of B-COMPETENT e-learning course is free. The modules can be used on a self-learning basis for independent study by learners.
- 10 modules (1 h each)
- 100% online: start instantly and learn at your own schedule.
- Approximately 20 hours to complete (10 h of video recorded lessons + 10 h of self-study)
- Language: English
- Subtitles: Albanian, English, French, Greek, Italian, Montenegrin and Spanish
- Multiple choice test on completion of each module
- Free access to a wide range of multilingual training tools and resources: PPT slides, references, bibliography, sitography, articles, reports, publications.